If you live with a long term condition, you’ll know that having a better life is about more than just doctors and medication.
Gaining control of your own health and wellbeing, with support, is a great feeling. Our friends at the Self Management Network Scotland work with individuals and professionals to support people to manage their own conditions and lives.
Here are their top tips for self management :
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Do ask questions. Make a list for when you talk to someone about your condition(s)
- Make realistic and achievable goals for you
- Talk about your condition; its ups and downs
- Know your condition and its impact on your life
- Share ideas with people who are going through similar experiences
Is there anything that they’ve missed? What do you find helpful in managing your health?