At our Mind Waves Community Correspondent meeting on Friday, we talked about what makes us proud.
We each wrote what makes us proud on a post-it and an empty sandwich plate seemed as good a place as any to collect them in. What a beautiful accident that we ended up with a silver platter of pride. Lovely.
Here’s a wee selection of what came up with. Some are big life-changing things, others are simple things we’d achieved that day, but the all deserved a round of applause. Expect to see some of these stories expanded into full stories in the next couple of weeks. Three cheers for everyone!
- “Proud of being able to have enough focus to wallpaper my home”
- “Smiling, being around others who don’t judge me”
- “Stopped smoking, bought a cheap car for A-B. Safe, out of the public streets”
- “I’m proud I survived a human-free Christmas rather than allow my ex-partner in”
- “I’m proud of all the fabulous members of GAMH for using their voices to protect their services”
- “I feel proud to be part of the team”
- “I’m proud to be telling my story to hopefully shed some light in dark corners. I’m proud to speak my truth quietly”
- “Proud of being more open and tolerant of others”
- “Driving by pubs, chemists and bookies: now I’m getting my life back”
- “Proud that I had my son”
- “Telling my story through the history project”
- “I’m proud to make it here today”
- “I’m proud of my son”
- “I’m proud my conscience is clear”