For our summer theme at Mind Waves, we’re talking about connections.
Connectedness is so important in good mental health and wellbeing. It’s the first of the five elements of the Scottish Recovery Network’s CHIME model of recovery. But what does that mean in practice?
We want to know about how feeling connected, or disconnected has an impact on your life and mental wellbeing. As always, we’d love to hear your stories, whether you want to write, make a film, share a photo or audio story – whatever works for you.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- How a shared experience (good or bad) helped you connect with someone
- How different parts of your life fit together to affect your mental wellbeing
- How films, books or social media have helped you feel connected
- Your connections with places, old or new
- The strength you gain from connecting with people with shared goals
- How you’ve reconnected with someone or something you thought you’d lost
- Whether you feel that your public self connects with what’s inside your head